The combination of the butternut squash, carrots and apricots makes this stew recipe awesome!
Serves 4 ( 1-½ c. = 7 points +)
- ¾ lb. lean beef stew meat, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1-½ c. cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 6 dried apricots halves, chopped
- ½ c. chopped carrot
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. cornstarch
- ¼ c. water
In a nonstick skillet, cook beef in oil until no longer pink. Place beef along with remaining ingredients through salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.
Mix cornstarch with water. Stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook until gravy is thickened ( about 30 minutes).