- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar, granulated
- 1/3 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced sugar raspberry jam
Instructions of Raspberry-Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add milk and almond extract; beat well.
- Stir flour mixture and almonds into sugar mixture until combined; cover bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into 32 balls; place about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press an indentation into center of each ball using your thumb. Using a small spoon, fill indentations with jam.
- Bake until bottoms of cookies turn golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheets for 1 or 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired (could affect PointsPlus value).