total time: 30 minutes
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons
- Four 6-ounce cod fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 a small onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, shaved with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced on a long angle
Preheat the oven to 425F. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and set aside.
Put the egg whites in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix the melted butter with the panko until thoroughly combined. Add in the thyme, Old Bay, onion powder, garlic powder, and the zest of one lemon. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Dip the fish in the egg whites, then into the panko mixture, then put on the prepared cooling rack.
Bake the fish until golden brown and crisp – about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, grate the onion into a bowl. Add the juice of the lemon you zested and stir in the mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add in the shaved zucchini, tomatoes, and green onions. Stir to coat.
Cut the second lemon into wedges to serve along side the fish. Serve the zucchini salad on the side.
from Every Day with Rachael Ray August 2010