4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Caesar dressing
8 slices of bacon
3 Tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
3 Tablespoons flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh minced parsley, plus a little more for garnish
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
1 pound Angel Hair Pasta
1. Marinate chicken breasts in ceases dressing for 3 hours or overnight
2. In a sauté pan on medium-high heat cook bacon until crisp, drain, except leave 3 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
3. Place the marinated chicken breast in the pan with the bacon grease and cook until browned on both sides and almost cooked, it does not have to be cooked all the way, just browned.
4. Remove from pan and place chicken in a 13×9 baking dish.
5 Drain the grease from the sauté pan and add the butter, let melt then add the onions and mushrooms and cook until soft and slightly caramelized about 5-8 minutes,whisk the flour into the onions and mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute, then add the cream and the broth, bring to a boil, stirring constantly about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Then add the cheese, salt, lemon juice, pepper, and parsley, and pour entire mixture over the chicken. Top with the fresh tomatoes, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. When the sauce is bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook angel hair pasta to al dente. Then drain pasta.
7. Remove chicken from oven, place chicken on a plate, combine the pasta into the sauce, stir until all coated, place the chicken on top of the casserole again, then garnish with parsley and crumbled bacon..Yumm..