This Homemade Pay Day Candy bars recipe is perfect for those times when you just have to have peanuts. The Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars taste really amazing, they are basically effortless to make and there is no baking involved.
It also takes about 30 minutes to make this recipe, which means you can snack on them or use them as dessert, on short notice; as long all the ingredients are available. But if you’re allergic to peanuts, we don’t recommend that you try this recipe at home. You can check some of the other candy bar recipes available, which do not include peanuts or peanut butter.
These Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars fit into a keto diet, but they are not compatible with a strict vegan diet because of all the condensed milk and butter. Also, people on a diabetic diet may have to consult their nutritionists first.
If you’re on a weight loss diet or you just like to keep up with these things, you’ll be interested to know that these Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars contain an estimated 391 calories per serving.
To recreate this Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
It’s important to note is that the quantities of ingredients stated above are only good for 6-8 servings of Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars; depending on the appetites and preferences of the people. If you want to feed more than eight (8) people, you will have to adjust the recipe, by increasing the quantities of each ingredient proportionately.
You can consult us in the comment section if things get sticky, or if you have any questions about these Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars. We will surely get back to you.
All you’ll need in order to make this Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars recipe are:
- A saucepan
- A stove or cooker
- A ladle or long-handled spoon (for stirring)
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- A 9×13-inch baking dish
- A refrigerator
For the sake of thoroughness, we’ll just go ahead and mention all the other bowls and spoons that are bound to find their way into the dishwasher at the end of this cooking session. Honestly, we don’t know how they’ll get there but you should prepare your mind.
One thing we like to recommend at the start of each of our recipes is a clean and clear cooking/baking space, for the sake of hygiene and to aid free range of movement. Zero clutter also helps in reducing the preparation time of these Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars by creating space on your counter top for the ingredients. So, go ahead and clear out that clutter.
Then, you can measure out and prepare your ingredients into small ceramic bowls and arrange them on your counter; like they do on cooking shows. This also helps in maximizing time. However, do NOT mix any of the ingredients together until the recipe tell you to; this is very important.
Take in a deep breath and let’s begin:
- Melt butter and peanut butter chips in a large saucepan over medium heat until smooth.
- Use your ladle to stir in condensed milk, vanilla extract and marshmallows, stirring until smooth and incorporated. (You can prepare the condensed milk and vanilla extract in a mixer before hand, along with some of the melted butter. This will make the mixture smoother and more thoroughly mixed.)
- Generously grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper ( to prevent bits and large chunks of the Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars from sticking to the 9×13-inch baking dish afterwards.)
- Spread half of the peanuts across baking dish, and pour the condensed milk mixture over them.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- Chill in refrigerator (This is done to make the Homemade Pay Day Ca Bars as frozen as possible. Trust me, it tastes better that way!)
- Serve, dig in and enjoy!