Yield: 4 servings
- 22 oz (about 3 medium) russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-½” sticks
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 475. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the potato sticks in a large mixing bowl and fill the bowl with hot water. Let the potatoes soak for 10-30 minutes. Drain the water and spread the potato sticks out in a single layer on a kitchen towel or layered paper towels. Using another towel, pat the potatoes dry. Transfer the potato sticks to a large Ziploc bag and drizzle with the oil. Seal the bag and shake/massage the potatoes until well coated. Open the bag and add the salt. Seal and shake again until salt is well distributed.
- Spread the salted potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 5 minutes and remove the foil covering. Return the potatoes to the oven and continue to bake for 15-25 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Remove the tray from the oven and flip the potatoes over using a spatula. Place the potatoes back in the oven (rotate the pan as well so that your potatoes will cook evenly) and cook for another 5-15 minutes until golden. Season with additional salt to taste if desired. Serve warm.
5 smartpoints per serving
4 points+ per serving
170 calories, 28 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber